Saturday, September 6, 2014

Is it Fall Yet?

Bring on the crockpot meals, scarves, and everything pumpkin, this family is ready for fall! Football season has started,  I made our first pot of tortilla soup for dinner last night, and even made a cup of hot chocolate.

We had our 20 week ultrasound where they do a bunch of measurements and make sure baby is growing on schedule. Baby boy is looking good! His organs were all in place and functioning and it looked like he had some long legs on screen! He's only weighing about a quarter of a pound right now so he has lots more fat to put on before he gets here! I know people say that babies on ultrasounds look like aliens, but this little darlin' looks so adorable already!

Still playing the name game, but I'm sure our handsome boy could wear any name well! I always tell Bennett that he stole all our good genes and didn't leave any for his siblings, but I have noticed that younger brothers tend to be the heartbreakers in the family, so the ladies better watch out! If this kiddo is any cuter than Bennett, then we are going to have some girl problems when the boys get in high school! Uh oh!

While we are on the subject of cuteness and all things adorable, Bennett just impresses me each day with his growth, vocabulary, and crazy shenanigans. I feel like the kid learns at least three new words everyday! My new favorites are when he brings some of his animals up to me one by one, names them, and makes their animal noise. Like his "hi-on, roar!" He knows the colors "blue" and "red," and loves playing with his "oars" and "moos" that Jeff handed down to him. This little cowboy moos and neighs all day long. He still loves playing with his dogs, now "Mah" and "Nook." He may like them a little too much because he seems to be copying them by licking everything! He has actually licked the walls and dropped down onto our tile and started licking the floor in front of guests! I don't know where this kid gets this stuff!

This big boy also moved to a toddler bed a couple weeks ago and has, surprisingly, done awesome with it! Nap time is usually the hardest to get him to go to sleep, but he does so well at staying in his bed! He loves reading his books so after reading him two or three, he usually just reads them over to his teddy and then falls asleep. He gets up sometimes, but it's usually to get more books. He still doesn't like keeping his pants or diaper on, so that is usually our biggest battle! Boys...

Jeff had a mud wrestling back-to-school bash for the youth group and it was a crazy mess! I just took pictures... but the kids (and even adults) seemed to love it. The newspaper even showed up to take pictures!


As for me, I'm growing as well! :) My belly still has some growing to do as baby boy grows. I feel huge already, but comparing it to pics of my pregnancy with Bennett, it's really not too much of a difference. I can definitely say that I am much more tired this time around (you can tell in my pictures). It was definitely easier to just be working full-time while pregnant than to be a stay-at-home mom with a toddler and pregnant! There's no sick days or sleep-in Saturdays anymore! Not to mention the fact that I now live in a town with ZERO of my food cravings! It's rough. No Olive Garden. No Panera Bread. No Chick-Fil-A. No Indian food. And no wing place! I may or may not dream about food on a regular basis...

I also started my second to last term in my Master's program along with my thesis! It's exciting to be almost done and to be working on a research project where I get to choose the topic, but, boy, is it a project! I'm hoping to get as much done as possible before January gets here, but that is easier said than done.

Looking forward to my birthday! We are spending a night in the city (a big deal!), going to eat at some yummy places (did I mention I'm food deprived??), taking Bennett to the science museum, and building little brother a bear like Bennett's! Also, so excited about all of the holidays, birthdays (including a new birthday!), and family time that is coming up! Seriously, my favorite time of the year! Come on, cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment