Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Time Travel: Back to June

I've been a bit distracted by reading lately. Now that I have time to read something other than textbooks (and by "have time" I mean "ignoring my to-do list"), I'm finally getting into some books that have been sitting on my shelf waiting for me! I just started Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, so... considering the fact that there are something like 17 books in this series, I may never fold laundry or do the dishes again... Ha!

Back to June, eh? The boys and I didn't have to travel anywhere, but it still wasn't exactly a quiet month. W turned 5 months old and started baby food! Yay for him! He was quite the fan! And just because it cracks me up every time I watch it, here is a video (from June) of Waylan's response when he hears his big brother crying:



The first week in June, Jeff was off to his first youth camp at OBU for a week: Super Summer. Apparently this is a big deal for Oklahoma youth groups. So is their BIG youth camp, Falls Creek. Jeff had that a couple weeks later, but their week was cut short due to heavy rainfall and flooding. They actually had to shut the whole camp down for more than a week! What was crazy is that the media was all over it and someone from our town newspaper even called Jeff while he was there to question him about it. It's a bit ridiculous how they tried to put a life or death spin on the whole situation when the place actually had to close down because there was no sewage or trash service for the camp with all the flooding. Every news station was showing footage of some church van floating in the water and how no one was hurt, yadda yadda. Jeff said some yahoo actually just forgot to put the thing in park and it rolled into some water. Haha!

Jeff was busy, as usual, and the rest of the month was summery-June stuff... we played outside, went on a picnic, went to the pool once, and even had our first ever garage sale! And mommy just survived on her own while daddy was gone to all his camps. Of course B got sick with some cold or something one of those weeks and W got his first two teeth!

First veggie: carrots!

Just like daddy.


Father's Day 2015

Old Geezer Night at youth.

Nose-pickin' good time with this smarty pants.

Picnic at the lake.

That about covers the highlights! Just two more months to catch up on!


No comments:

Post a Comment