Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blogging Sabbatical

Ha! Sabbatical... Ok, so I was in no way resting over the last (1,2,3...) six or so months since my last blog. To better explain my absence, I'll put my excuses in nutshells for you:

{newborn}
{toddler}
{master's}
{thesis}
{ministry}

FYI, these are nutshells -->  {} {} {}

Lazy Butt
Yup. Never a dull (or sane) moment in this house. As you may have gathered from my last post, there's a new baby in the house! Granted, he is going on eight months old now, he's still new and adorable in my book. Update on Waylan? Did I mention he's adorable. He is so chill and happy it's ridiculous. His fits really only come when he is both tired and hungry. In fact, he is sort of lazy. He sits up and plays with toys just fine. He even scoots on his butt a bit to get to things and is already trying to pull up on things. But the kid refuses to crawl or even roll over! If he falls on his back he just kicks and laughs until he gets mad enough to say something about it and big brother comes over to try and pick him up. That's usually when I have to intervene because a two-year-old picking up an infant is never a good idea. Neither is letting said toddler ride a tummy-timing-infant like a horse. In case you were wondering...
Mud Bash 2015


Speaking of Bennett, THE two-year-old, that boy can go from being the sweetest little thing in backwards jeans and cowboy boots to this strong-willed, crazy child who likes to talk back. My mom always said I was going to get my payback when I had kids... I thought I had at least twelve or thirteen years to wait for that smart aleck attitude! Nope. Bennett will go from being my little helper and picking up his toys, to yelling "NO" at me over something silly (you know like going to the bathroom or eating a certain food item he has been asking for all afternoon). And you know how he talks back to me? His two favorite bratty phrases are, "YOU, Mom!" and "Fruit snacks?" That's right, ladies and gentlemen, my two-year-old is basically a miniature teenager in disguise... a very cute disguise... God, I love him though. At least he is finally potty-trained (um, minus night time). And my boys absolutely adore each other. It cracks me up.
Perfect Angels

As for other updates in our lives, after four years of filling out paperwork and checks, and waiting to hear something, we have, most unfortunately, been forced to "terminate" (as they termed it) our adoption through Ethiopia. This brings up tons of emotions, so I will write more on this later. In the meantime, we cannot afford to start another adoption from scratch at this time, but we still feel called to help children in need, so... we are training to be foster parents! I'm both incredibly excited and freaking out all at the same time. But, more on this later.

Since I'm so far behind, and I need to update our blog for ourselves anyway (did I mention I turn these into photo books for our family each year, something I am also behind on...), I think I'm going to go backwards and let you know what has gone on for the past six months. Maybe a post per month. Starting in a couple of days. Maybe a week. I dunno. Now that I've finished my 120-page thesis, I may need to get my writing fix and start blogging more. You know, blogs about DIY projects, new recipes, and parenting advice - heck, maybe I'll become a know-it-all mommy blogger, take a picture where I'm actually wearing makeup and have my hair done, and write like I have this parenting thing figured out... HA!

Whose wedding are we at?? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment